Friday 11 February 2011

Testing the Results

In my implementation there are two parameters absorb and scatter and at every event point whether there is scattering or absorption is decided by these coeffs.
i.e we take the ratio absorb/(absorb+scatter) at each event point and then generate a random number between zero and one. If the number is less than the ratio the event is absorption else it is scattering. Let me play with the coeffs. If my ab coeff is 0 the image should be black.
The wet spheres are black.
So that is correct.
Now let me try for case scatter coeff is 0. I should get an image similar to my earlier diffuse image.Here i get an additional layer of rings above some radius on the wet surfaces. Why are these rings appearing?

A curious thing i observe is that when i do not generate the other hit points in the media the circles do not appear. What can be the reason for this?




No comments:

Post a Comment